Delpo With a Splint Makes Me a Sad Panda
Posted by gauloises1 on February 27, 2010
La Nacion has an interview with Delpo in Buenos Aires. Headlines: he’s taken a complete break from training, is healing and hopes to return for Miami. And there are photos that make me sad.
This is what I picked up from the google translate version:
- The problem is an edema (?) of the ulna (??). So … not tendonitis, then. Unless it’s the same thing. Is there a doctor in the house?
- On medical advice, he’s taken four weeks off with the splint. Next week will be week number four. Doesn’t leave a lot of time to get into playing shape for Miami, which is his likely return.
- In case you were wondering, there’s basically nothing that can be done to get rid of this problem. It’s just chronic and has to be managed.
- He’s cautiously optimistic about the Davis Cup tie with Sweden, noting that Pico (who loves him like a brother, lest we forget) is playing really well at the moment.
- Gives a fairly flat denial to the whole World Cup replacing Davis Cup idea.
- He’s in favour (unlike Boss) of Buenos Aires becoming a hard court tournament.
- He says that he and his team made some variations to his game to try to take the strain off the wrist before the Australian Open. That worked out well, eh?
I am concerned that he’ll rush his recovery and come back too soon. But mainly, I’m just miserable.
Artist’s impression of my emotional state.
Anyway … he’s still adorable. Thanks to my fellow suffering Argy fan Julia at VamosDavid for the link.